On the basis of performing their work electric stackers are of following types
- WALKIE STRADDLE STACKER: the most commonly used type of electric stacker is walkie straddle stacker. They are mostly used for low stacking. Walkie straddle stacker are used in small areas or warehouses.
- WALKIE REACH STACKER: walkie reach stacker comes after straddle stacker in most commonly used electric stacker. Structure wise it is quite similar to walkie straddle stacker but pantographic scissor mast. It functions to move the mast away from the body of stalker. Walkie reach stacker is generally used to stack up trucks or trailers and vehicle of these kinds.
- RIDE ON WALKIE STACKER: The feature which distinguishes ride on walkie stacker with other stackers is that they contain a special stage or stand which enables the driver to ride on the stacker and control it. This stage give advantage that the person operating the stacker does not have to walk with it. Another special feature of ride on walkie stacker is that the driver requires a forklift license to drive it.
- COUNTER BALANCE WALKIE STACKER: A great feature of counter balance walkie stacker is that it is considered as the longest stacker of all walkie stackers. It can very easily travel along narrow paths. The reason for this is it is not accustomed with legs which are spanned outside the stacker. Like other stackers it can reach up to good height (minimum 2000mm) to stack up the goods.
- STANDARD WALKIE STACKER: Main feature of standard walkie stacker is that it has legs which are laying underneath the fork. This great feature allows them to transfer and pile at the same time. Like many other stackers they are also used for loading up to mid-level.
- MANUAL POWERED WALKIE STACKERS: manual powered walkie stackers are not generally used to stacking and carrying loads as they have very limited height up to which they can reach. Another disadvantage of using manual powered walkie stacker is that their operation is not fast. They are very slow when it comes to operating them.