Global Trust Opportunities
Global Trust Certification is dedicated to finding and empowering the right people to consider joining us in our global commitment to progressing sustainable certification business.
Our structured engagement pathway offers a respectful but deeply honest process of working together. Global Trust offers the following engagement opportunities:
Our global work brings together diverse individuals to work under our tried and established framework for delivering premier world leading certification solutions to our clients.
To do this we engage individuals to join us on different levels within the organisation for specific functional roles, either in their location or elsewhere across the globe.
We only appoint quality people, we source from all walks of life and employ them on a range of contract terms, all tailored to ensure commercial viability. We provide the jobs, the structure, the procedures, the resources, the quality assurance and the team to deliver a first class service.
Engagements range from job based contracts to permanent appointments in our regional offices. We seek to hire the best and give them the best solutions and infrastructure to shine and progress their career aspirations.
At Global Trust we work in a global team environment which fosters the highest standards of creativity, respect and competency. In this way we work with peers and partners in the face of difficult challenges of our clients.
Only through a genuine platform of communication, personal space, and commonly agreed frameworks for collaborative work, are we able to bring together the critical ingredients to uncover the talent needed by our clients for world class standards and certification.
We offer a range of flexible and permanent roles of engagement which harness global talent and apply it to the environmental and sustainability challenges of our clients.
Global Trust provides a global framework for the delivery of high calibre services to corporations, governments, and community organisations seeking to meet their sustainability and business environmental objectives.
We deliver this work through an established framework and methodology which is structured to give equity and resilience to our organisation, the individuals who support it and the clients who engage with it. The framework requires a number of key responsibilities and commitments from individuals who work with us. These responsibilities lie at the core of our willingness to trust our business with individuals we appoint, and to share our experience and tools for their use in the delivery of services to our clients.
We protect our staff and expect them to honour the value and importance of these tools in order to maintain a balance between collective value and individual benefit for the purpose of sustainability progress.
Global Trust strictly enforces its rights and obligations with staff in protecting corporate Intellectual Property, the Knowledgebase, our business tools, and our network of staff, partners and associates in our common vision.
Contact us confidentially for further information: email@example.com
SAI Global, through its Fisheries centre of excellence in Dundalk, Ireland is a global leader in fisheries and aquaculture assessment and certification. Current fishery and aquaculture assessments and projects are in place across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand. SAI Global has over 60 operating offices throughout the world and services the certification needs of fisheries in all regions.
SAI Global Assurances, one of the world’s leading certification bodies has an excellent opportunity for a Programme Development Officer with an understanding of the biology of key commercial fish species and good technical knowledge of Irish fisheries.
Reporting to the Operations Manager; this position entails at its very core close liaison with our client and will involve travel in Ireland.
This role is for a fixed term contract of 6 months.
· Liaise with client to ensure Scheme development and performance remains on track with stated targets and policy;
· Engage with industry with respect to fostering interest and support in implementation and certification of the scheme;
· Develop a series of web-based communication and outreach tools for the scheme;
· Maintain informed of other certification schemes for seafood and associated developments, review their application and engage where synergies and mutual benefits are identified;
· Maintain informed of and undertake internal benchmarking to the global seafood sustainability initiative (GSSI) and any other similar benchmark processes;
· Collect and collate documents relating to the scheme (e.g. Quality and Gear Checks);
· Assist in the management of scheme elements (e.g. Mentoring coverage, Routine quality and gear verification)
Educational and Technical Requirements
· Preferred minimum Degree or equivalent in a Fishery Science or science related discipline;
· A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in the fishery sector or equivalent. This shall involve work in Fishery research/development/management activities within the regions;
· An understanding of the biology of key commercial fish species and good technical knowledge of Irish fisheries;
· An ability to work alone and with teams and to prioritise and execute tasks;
· Proven organisational skills;
· Proficient computer skills, not necessarily through formal training.
Interested candidates should submit CVs for the attention of Bill Paterson to