Global Trust Opportunities
Global Trust Certification is dedicated to finding and empowering the right people to consider joining us in our global commitment to progressing sustainable certification business.
Our structured engagement pathway offers a respectful but deeply honest process of working together. Global Trust offers the following engagement opportunities:
Our global work brings together diverse individuals to work under our tried and established framework for delivering premier world leading certification solutions to our clients.
To do this we engage individuals to join us on different levels within the organisation for specific functional roles, either in their location or elsewhere across the globe.
We only appoint quality people, we source from all walks of life and employ them on a range of contract terms, all tailored to ensure commercial viability. We provide the jobs, the structure, the procedures, the resources, the quality assurance and the team to deliver a first class service.
Engagements range from job based contracts to permanent appointments in our regional offices. We seek to hire the best and give them the best solutions and infrastructure to shine and progress their career aspirations.
At Global Trust we work in a global team environment which fosters the highest standards of creativity, respect and competency. In this way we work with peers and partners in the face of difficult challenges of our clients.
Only through a genuine platform of communication, personal space, and commonly agreed frameworks for collaborative work, are we able to bring together the critical ingredients to uncover the talent needed by our clients for world class standards and certification.
We offer a range of flexible and permanent roles of engagement which harness global talent and apply it to the environmental and sustainability challenges of our clients.
Global Trust provides a global framework for the delivery of high calibre services to corporations, governments, and community organisations seeking to meet their sustainability and business environmental objectives.
We deliver this work through an established framework and methodology which is structured to give equity and resilience to our organisation, the individuals who support it and the clients who engage with it. The framework requires a number of key responsibilities and commitments from individuals who work with us. These responsibilities lie at the core of our willingness to trust our business with individuals we appoint, and to share our experience and tools for their use in the delivery of services to our clients.
We protect our staff and expect them to honour the value and importance of these tools in order to maintain a balance between collective value and individual benefit for the purpose of sustainability progress.
Global Trust strictly enforces its rights and obligations with staff in protecting corporate Intellectual Property, the Knowledgebase, our business tools, and our network of staff, partners and associates in our common vision.
Contact us confidentially for further information: bernadettevernon@GTCERT.com
SAI Global Assurance Services has a great opportunity for an experience General Manager – Marine & Seafood.
The successful candidate will be accountable for developing and leading the vision, strategy and market development for the Marine & Seafood Market segment internationally, ensuring that financial and non-financial objectives are met.
You will be responsible for preparing and submitting draft business plans to the Regional Director EMEA, for the Marine & Seafood Market for each financial Year, no later than two months before the end of each financial year.
As part of your role, you will prepare and submit business reports on the activities and prospects of SAI Global Assurance Services, showing the performance of the business against the Business Plan.
Working with the Regional Director – EMEA, you will be responsible for formulating the policy and strategy for SAI Global Assurance Service in the Marine & Seafood Market segment.
• Develop the Business Plan for the Global Marine & Seafood Market segment
• Develop and, once approved by the SAI Global Assurance Services Regional Director, EMEA, implement all required operational procedures and processes.
• Identify and analyse opportunities within the Marine & Seafood Market segment internationally
• Liaise with internal stakeholders (e.g. Regional Managers, Country Managers, EMEA Technical Manager, EMEA Sales & Marketing Manager, Regional Marketing Managers and key managers from across Assurance Services) and their teams to implement agreed strategies
• Develop and implement strategies that optimises marketing, sales and operational support globally for the Marine & Seafood Market segment
• Develop the profile of SAI Global within the Marine & Seafood Market segment internationally as per agreed business plan
• In conjunction with the SAI Global Assurance Services Limited’s Director, UK and the EMEA Sales & Marketing Manager, develop a products and services roadmap for the Global Marine & Seafood Market
• Provide commercial and technical leadership as required to the key stakeholders globally for the Marine & Seafood Market segment
• Be able to get enabled to technically approve auditors be able to review and approve audit reports and make certification decisions for relevant areas within the Marine & Seafood Market
• Bring Marine & Seafood and technical knowledge and expertise to major customers or prospects on the request of Country operations
• Be the nominated Global Account Manager for identified global accounts that exist within the Marine & Seafood Market
• Shall keep abreast, be aware and communicate key competitor and regulatory activity that impacts the Marine & Seafood Market internationally
• Shall have indirect responsibility for the Budget for the Marine & Seafood market segment
• Comply with SAI Global’s Global Authorities Index
• develop and, once approved by the SAI Global Assurance Services Regional Director, EMEA, implement all required operational procedures and processes.
• Any other duties that from time to time may be considered appropriate by the business.
Minimum Education/Professional Qualifications & Experience Required
• BA / BSc in a technical related area of study, ideally coupled with a commercial qualification
• Experience in or a demonstrated aptitude for successfully managing a profit centre and regional operations
• Experience in reporting to an overseas parent company
• Experience in leadership in market segments
• Knowledge of Certification business
• Fluency in both written and spoken English
• The ability to coach and drive an indirect or “virtual” team
• The ability to take full advantage of established networks
• A good understanding of the workings and the political framework globally
• Experience in international business and marketing
• Experience in strategic alliance and partner establishment and management
• Experience in key stakeholder (e.g. clients, Marine & Seafood associations, government) management
• IT literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. In addition, knowledge of database management.
CLOSING DATE - 12TH MARCH 2014